Buck-I-SERV offers trips during winter, spring, and summer breaks. Each trip provides a unique location, service project, and experience to promote diverse opportunities for students and to meet the needs of our community partners. Students, leaders, and advisors are encouraged to explore and apply for any and all of the trips of interest to them.
- Want to become a student participant? Complete a participant application today!
- Want to grow as a student leader? Complete a leader application today!
- Want to engage as a faculty/staff advisor? Complete an advisor application today!
- Already an accepted participant, leader, or advisor? Find next steps and additional here!
Spring Break 2024
Explore and learn more about each trip below. Spring break 2024 trips will travel from March 9-16, unless otherwise noted. Please review the timeline below for a complete list of application and trip dates.
- Florida: Give Kids the World
- Florida: Habitat for Humanity Lake Sumter
- Kentucky: Mammoth Cave National Park
- Louisiana: Merry Green Marvel
- Michigan: Focus HOPE
- Virginia: Natural Tunnel State Park
- Virginia: York River State Park
- Bangladesh: Teatulia Tea Garden
- Guatemala: Constru Casa
- Nicaragua: The Medici Project and CTG Foundation
Deadlines and Dates:
- October 2: Spring Break Applications Open
- November 12: Spring Break Domestic Leader Applications and International Participant Applications Close
- November 26: Spring Break Domestic Participant Applications and Advisor Applications Close
- January 16: Spring Trip Kick Off
- March 9 – 16: Spring Trips Travel (unless otherwise noted)
- March 19: Spring Break Welcome Back
Winter Break 2023
Explore and learn more about each trip below. Winter break 2023 trips will travel from December 15 through 22, unless otherwise noted. Please review the timeline below for a complete list of application and trip dates.
- Florida – Florida Aquatic Preserves
- Florida – Pinellas County Sea Grant
- Georgia – Medici Project Human Trafficking
- Georgia – Medici Project Juvenile Justice
- Georgia – Partners for Care
- Georgia – Restoration Atlanta
- Minnesota – One Heartland
- Washington, D.C. – Father McKenna Center
Dates and Deadlines:
- Mid-August: Winter Break Application Opens
- September 17: Winter Break Domestic Leader Applications and International Participant Applications Close
- October 1: Winter Break Domestic Participant Applications and Advisor Applications Close
- October 17: Winter Kick Off, 6 – 8 p.m.
- December 15 – 22: Winter Trips Travel (unless otherwise noted)
- January 9: Winter Trip Welcome Back
Summer Break 2024
Summer break 2024 Buck-I-SERV trips will be announced in December.
Dates and Deadlines:
- January 7: Summer Break Applications Open
- January 28: Summer Break Domestic Leader Applications and International Participant Applications Close
- February 18: Summer Break Domestic Participant Applications and Advisor Applications Close
- February 27: Summer Break Kick-Off
- May 4 – 11: Summer Trips Travel (unless otherwise noted)
- May 14: Summer Break Welcome Back (Virtual)
About Buck-I-SERV Trips
- Application: Students interested in participating or leading a trip can apply for Buck-I-SERV alternative breaks here. Faculty, staff, or graduate students interested in serving as a Buck-I-SERV trip advisor can apply through the online application portal.
- Expectations: Student participant, leaders, and faculty/staff advisors are expected to meet all Buck-I-SERV deadlines, attend all pre- and post- departure events, travel as a group throughout the entire trip period, and fully participate in all service and other trip activities.
- Cost: Domestic Buck-I-SERV trips for the 2023-2024 academic year will have a student participant fee of $500, while international trips will be $2,000. Student leaders are provided a 50% discount off the participant fee, while advisors incur no participant fee.
- Funding: Student participants and leaders will be provided with additional resources for funding their Buck-I-SERV trip after acceptance. For students in financial need, please contact Buck-I-SERV staff for additional resources.
- Accepted Participants: If you have applied and been accepted for a Buck-I-SERV trip as a participant, leader, or advisor, please find additional information and next steps on our accepted participant website.
- Group Trips: Buck-I-SERV facilitates group trips on a limited basis with no cost subsidization. Therefore, groups are responsible for the entire trip cost. Please contact Buck-I-SERV if a group is interested in exploring this option.